August 18, 2011

An App That Makes Customer Service Hold for You!

by Amelia Rodríguez

My dad actually invented a rigged remote channel changer that rested on the chair arm from where he could turn off the sound of the tv during commercials because he hated their annoying blasting volume. That was pretty innovative, I think, when you consider he engineered it in the early 60's. Over the years this kind of thinking has shifted for me a little from "how can I make my world easier for me" to "I wonder how my client dreams of his world being made easier".

I am a student of the science of customer service. Since I was a kid I have been intrigued by finding ways of making something better, or easier. No bones about it, much of this came from being lazy really... I would daydream schemes of how to turn in my homework without actually doing it. Or how to change a channel on the tv without getting up from my seat.  ...  [read more]